Friday, August 1, 2008

I sabotage myself

Yes I do, can anybody say this?.... 'I sabotage myself, im my own worst enemy'. Take this morning for instance, my plan was to go the whole day without eating anything until much later, but did that work? I think you know the answer to that. I often make plans and decisions about certain things in my life, and then I immediately set out to destroy those ideas from my head by telling myself all sorts of discouraging things like, 'can I really do this?' 'What if..?', 'do I have time?'...sound familier?
Its unnerving how I could have wanted to do so much with my life but sabotaged my own efforts from the beginning by making myself think that I can't do it. I am my worst enemy! It stops now.

That photography class that I've always planned on taking, Im going to take it. That camera, im buying it, so my favourite hobby starts! I need to stop thinking that my cellphone camera is good enough, hahaha! thats a joke.

That beautiful journal that I bought last year, I need to start putting entries in it, because if I really want to write that book, I must make use of it, this is how I can make that start to actually write! I need to stop telling myself that I can't find the time to write on it. Everytime I have an urge to write something down, I always say I will do it later (I say this while sitting in front of the tv), then later I have completely forgotten about it!

That project that I meant to have started at work by now, it starts today, no wait, tomorrow is still good enough..
You see what I mean?!! It is things like these that happen everyday in our lives that we don't realise we are sabotaging ourselves and our efforts. I have it planned out in my head, and all I need to do is put it on paper and just start the project already!!!
Oh dear me..

1 comment:

Women in Film & Video New England said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.